VAI is a film about female empowerment telling the story of one woman’s life in eight separate moments from the perspective of eight different Pacific Island cultures.
Beautifully shot, celebratory and epic, at times heartbreaking and uplifting, VAI is a seamless portmanteau film directed by nine female Pacific directors.
Key Marketing Points:
- 100% Rotten Tomatoes rating
- Festival favorite featuring 8 female directors
- Filmed in 7 different Pacific countries: Fiji, Tonga, Solomon Islands, Kuki Airani (Cook Islands), Samoa, Niue and Aotearoa (New Zealand)
- A cultured and empowering look at the journey of one woman’s life told through 8 different stories
- Features awe-inspiring cinematography of the Pacific Islands
- Opening film at 2019’s Berlin International Film Festival NATIVe section
- Official selection – SXSW 2019
- Will appeal to fans of Roma, Ixcanul, and Whale Rider