Alice is a reclusive writer, resigned to a solitary life on the seaside cliffs of Southern England while World War II rages across the channel. When she opens her front door one day to find she’s to adopt a young London evacuee named Frank, she’s resistant. It’s not long, however, before the two realize they have more in common in their pasts than Alice had assumed. Gemma Arterton, Gugu Mbatha-Raw and Tom Courtenay star in this intensely emotional story of love’s endurance in trying times.
Key Marketing Points:
- Starring Gemma Arterton (The King’s Man, Clash of the Titans, Byzantium), Gugu Mbatha-Raw (upcoming Marvel series Loki, Motherless Brooklyn), Tom Courtenay (45 Years, Doctor Zhivago), Penelope Wilton (The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, Shaun of the Dead)
- Rotten Tomatoes Certified Fresh – 77% positive reviews
- During World War II, an Englishwoman opens her heart to an evacuee after initially resolving to be rid of him in this moving journey of womanhood, love and friendship.
- Over 500k YouTube trailer views
- From the producers of Locke, Denial, Serenity, and Redemption
BACK TO TOP ↑