Only three centuries ago, setting out to climb a mountain would have been considered close to lunacy. Mountains were places of peril, not beauty, an upper world to be shunned, not sought out. Why do mountains now hold us spellbound, drawing us into their dominion, often at the cost of our lives? From Tibet to Australia, Alaska to Norway armed with drones, Go-Pros and helicopters, director Jennifer Peedom has fashioned an astonishing symphony of mountaineers, ice climbers, free soloists, heliskiers, snowboarders, wingsuiters and parachuting mountain bikers. Willem Dafoe provides a narration sampled from British mountaineer Robert Macfarlane’s acclaimed memoir Mountains of the Mind, and a classical score from the Australian Chamber Orchestra accompanies this majestic cinematic experience.
Key Marketing Points:
- Theatrical release in top markets - $300k box office to date
- Rotten Tomatoes certified fresh – 85% positive reviews
- Narrated by Willem Dafoe (Spider-Man, The Florida Project)
- From the director of Sherpa
- Features music by the Australian Chamber Orchestra
- Over 700k YouTube trailer views!
- Bonus material: Behind the Scenes, Director Jennifer Peedom Interview, Author Robert Mcfarlane (“Mountains of the Mind”) Interview
“A unique portrait of mankind's enduring fascination with the world's most formidable summits.” – Los Angeles Times
"A ravishing feat of vertiginous filmmaking.”– The Hollywood Reporter
“★★★★. A sublime rush of adrenaline and orchestral beauty.“ - The Guardian
“Features frightening sights and breathtaking images” – The New York Times