Moscow finds itself on the brink of destruction after a mysterious spaceship crash-lands in the center of the city. While the government seeks to find out what the ship’s passengers want and how to protect the local population, the rest of the city residents break into conflicting factions. Some view the aliens as a threat that should be extinguished, while others hope that the visitors are peaceful and offer an opportunity to learn more about the world beyond. When a young woman finds herself torn between her seemingly normal life and the alluring promise offered by one of the all-too-human extraterrestrials, the fate of the entire world is left hanging in the balance.
Key Marketing Points:
- US theatrical release – key markets ($19.4 million international box office)
- Big budget sci-fi action in the vein of Independence Day, Pacific Rim, Arrival, The Day the Earth Stood Still, and District 9
- Huge domestic awareness and interest with over 30 million YouTube trailer and clip views
- State of the art visual effects and production design
- Sequel is in production for 2019